Actor Farhan Akhtar Reflects About His Most Difficult Movie Scene


The scene that I shot with Naseer (Naseeruddin Shah) Sir in Zindagi Na Milegi Dobara was one of the toughest for me. I was finally meeting my birth father in the film. The film was about three guys having fun on a road trip and suddenly there came a point where I had to shoot this emotional scene. Throughout the film, my character Imran is this one chilled out guy who never takes life seriously. And then in this scene I had to interact with my father...there was disappointment, anger and to an extent even love.

All these emotions had to be expressed in very few words. It was all fine when Kabir and Arjun (Hrithik Roshan and Abhay Deol) were in the scene. The real challenge was facing Naseer Sir alone. But then, Naseer Sir is such a fine actor, it automatically helps the other person perform better.

This was the only scene in the entire film that was so intense. It was shot in Spain. This scene was one of those that take you to a different emotional plane rather than being just an emotional scene. The scene saw the other part of Imran. Luckily, we did not need too many retakes. Thanks to Naseerji.





0 comments

Facebook Blogger Plugin: Bloggerized by AllBlogTools.com Enhanced by MyBloggerTricks.com

Post a Comment